Gratitude Partners can give a one time donation or setup reoccurring giving.
As a Gratitude Partner, you can provide ongoing support to The Gift Goes On campaign with a weekly gift of $10 or more. If 100 families can make this additional contribution on a weekly basis, it will collectively have a huge impact in helping to reach our goal.
A Gratitude Partner is not obligated to communicate their frequency of giving or the amount they plan to give, in fact one can give completely *anonymously.
*Ones name must be disclosed in order to receive a tax deductible receipt.
A Faith Promise is a personal commitment with God to give by faith toward the Gift Goes On program. Committing to God that when He provides money you will apply it to your faith Promise.
Faith Promise commitments are not tracked like a typical pledge. Pastor Lopez will not use your Faith Promise information for the purpose of soliciting finances from you. Your commitment to support The Gift Goes On program is between you and God. Pastor Lopez does plan to pray for you and your family, standing in faith with you for finances to come in to fulfill your commitment and on going blessings from heaven.
Once you make your Faith Promise you can give at anytime. We have several methods to choose from including: The Gift Goes On kiosk, offerings during church services, rezlife4u.com website or the RezLife mobile app.
Tribute Or Memorial Giving
Resurrection Life Church Mid Michigan provides a meaningful and dignified way to express sympathy or respect. If you would like your gift to be used in this manner, please complete the Tribute or Memorial form. Tribute gifts of $250.00 or more will be added to the giving tree located in the church commons area. The name of the individual or family will be displayed on a laser engraved plaque. Your information will be kept confidential. Once submitted, Pastor Lopez will receive your Tribute / Memorial information directly.
Honor the memory of a loved one or pay tribute to the life of someone who was special to you by making a memorial gift to The Gift Goes On campaign. With your one time donation of $250 or more, your loved one will be memorialized on our wall tree displayed in the Café area.
Special cards for Memorial Contributions are available in The Gift Goes On kiosk. If you’d like, we will send a note to the family or the contact you provide acknowledging your generous gift.
Honorary gifts are a meaningful way to express respect and appreciation for someone special in your life. Gifts can also be made to commemorate happy occasions and accomplishments of a loved one. You can honor your family, friends and loved ones at any time by making a donation to The Gift Goes On campaign. Simply complete the special card available in the kiosk.
When you give an honorary gift of $250 or more, the name of the individual or family will be displayed on the wall tree located in the commons area. Please indicate on the card if you would like us to notify the honoree of your gift and lasting tribute. The amount of your gift is always confidential.
Go to the Tribute or Memorial giving page
Giving from my IRA
A qualified charitable distribution (QCD) is an easy and convenient way to make a gift using your assets. If you are 70 ½ or older, you can give directly from your Traditional or Roth IRA to the church.
- To qualify as a QCD, the gift must be made directly from your IRA to Resurrection Life Church Mid Michigan.
- The charitable gift generates neither taxable income nor a tax deduction, so you may still benefit even if you do not itemize your tax deductions.
- If you have not taken your required minimum distribution (RMD) for the year, a qualified charitable distribution can satisfy all or part of that requirement.
- Please contact the church office for information on how to give from your IRA.
Looking for a financial advisor?
Contact Todd Bennett with Edward Jones
Learn more about required minimum distribution (RMD) from Edward Jones
Giving securities is another way to financially support The Gift Goes On campaign at Rez Life. Appreciated securities, whether they are stocks, bonds or annuities, provide the same benefit as a cash gift and you can avoid paying Capital Gain taxes. If you are interested in giving stock to the church, please contact the church office for more detailed information.
Looking for a financial advisor?
Contact Todd Bennett with Edward Jones
Read more about gifting appreciated stock to charity at RBC Wealth Management.
Giving Real Estate
Just like stocks or other investments, real estate appreciates over time. When you give appreciated real estate, you can generally deduct the fair market value of your gift and avoid all capital gains taxes. All types of property can be donated. Please contact the church office at
989-681-5731 if you are interested in donating real estate to the church.
Additional Ways To Give
AmazonSmile is a simple and automatic way for you to support The Gift Goes On campaign every time you shop, at no cost to you. AmazonSmile is a website operated by Amazon with the same products, prices and shopping features as Amazon.com. The difference is that when you shop on AmazonSmile, the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the price of your eligible products to RLCMM.
- Can I use my existing Amazon.com account on AmazonSmile?
Yes, you use the same account on Amazon.com and AmazonSmile. Your shopping cart, wish list, wedding or baby registry, and other account settings are also the same.
- How do I select a Rez Life when shopping on AmazonSmile?
On your first visit to AmazonSmile (smile.amazon.com), you will be prompted to select a charitable organization from the list before you begin shopping. Amazon will remember your selection, and then every eligible purchase you make after that will result in a donation. Look for Resurrection Church Mid Michigan on the list at https://smile.amazon.com/
Goodsearch is a simple way to make a difference each time you search the web. Use Goodsearch.org just as you would any other search engine and RLCMM will receive a donation every time you do a web search. GoodSearch.org is powered by Yahoo.
- How do I get started raising money for The Gift Goes On campaign with GoodSearch?
Visit goodsearch.org and select Resurrection Life Church Mid Michigan as your cause. Create a user profile and use the search box on the homepage to search the internet just like you normally would. There is no cost for this service, so consider bookmarking https:///www.goodsearch.org or making it your home page.
GoodShop is an online shopping mall that donates a percentage of your purchase to RLCMM. There are hundreds of stores to shop from including: Bath and Body Works, Bed Bath and Beyond, Gap, Gymboree, Hobby Lobby, Kohls, Pottery Barn, Shutterfly, Target, and Walmart. You can also find 25,000 plus active discounts and money-saving coupons so you can save money and give back at the same time. You can even download the Goodshop App to your phone to make shopping more convenient.
Visit goodshop.com and select Resurrection Life Church Mid Michigan as your cause. (Without this step, RLCMM will not receive credit) Use the Goodshop tab at the top of the homepage or go to Goodshop to visit the online shopping mall and browse through the stores and click to shop as you normally would. You pay nothing extra, but a portion of your purchase will be given to RLCMM.
Any person, regardless of age can make a lasting gift of gratitude through their estate. Planning an estate gift allows you to strategically accomplish both financial and charitable objectives. A legacy gift can be of any size and most commonly takes the form of a simple bequest in a will or trust that can complement your lifestyle and commitments today while supporting Resurrection Life Church Mid Michigan tomorrow.
Your gift in your will or living trust allows you to retain your assets during your lifetime
- A bequest just takes a simple designation in your will or trust and costs nothing during your lifetime. They are easy and revocable if your situation changes. This is the most common form of a planned gift.
- Every bequest requires a will or a trust. When you establish or update a will or a trust, the possibilities for legacy giving are almost limitless. Choose the gift that is right for you.
- Bequest a specific item of property
- A named asset such as your home, or an issue of securities is easily given through your will or trust.
- Bequest a specific amount of cash
- A specified sum of cash can be given even if your assets are in another form. The non-cash assets will be liquidated, and the cash will be distributed.
- Bequest a specific percentage of your estate
- Often times, a person may choose to allocate a portion of their estate to more than one individual or charity.
- Bequest the remainder of your estate
- After your loved ones are provided for, you may wish to give the remaining portion of your estate to the church.
- Beneficiary Designation
- You may also choose to name Resurrection Life Church Mid Michigan as the beneficiary of a variety of assets, including insurance policies, retirement funds (IRAs, 401(k)s, 403(b)s, annuities, pension or profit-sharing plans) and financial accounts (bank accounts, CDs, savings bonds, brokerage accounts, stock portfolios).
Legacy giving is a gift that requires much more thought and planning to execute than most donations. A gift can be structured for nearly any circumstance. You can still fulfill your personal goals of honoring your loved ones, providing for heirs, minimizing tax burdens and supporting the church you call home. Please consult with your attorney, accountant or financial advisor when making a legacy gift.